In Patient Department (IPD)
In Patient Department (IPD)
On behalf of the entire team of Deva Institute, we wish you a healthy and long life. At DMHC, it is our endeavor to provide you with state of the art treatment, and the efforts of the entire team at our Hospital are directed towards meeting your needs and facilitating your treatment. Deva Institute provides indoor admission facilities to its patients. The patients can choose accommodation as per their desire from a wide range of options available.
- Psychiatric ICU (PICU)
- Deluxe/ Super Deluxe Rooms
- Private/ Semi-private Rooms
- General Ward- AC
This is outlined comparative indications for short term or long term hospitalization according to a grid of (1) severity of illness, (2) treatment, and (3) environmental. Severity of illness factors include the danger to self or others, the degree to which symptoms interfere with functioning in work or family and are unresponsive to outpatient treatment, impulsive or noncompliant behavior, and dual diagnosis with substance abuse complicated by another psychiatric disorder. Relevant treatment factors are the history of any previous hospitalization and the response to any prior treatment, the presence of any treatment complications, and the goals of treatment. Environmental factors are the family system, the posthospital support system, and the existence of clear precipitating stressors.
Psychiatrist discriminate between those patient who will be hospitalized and those who will not be:
- Aggressive outbursts toward other people.
- Aggressive outbursts toward animals or objects.
- Patient’s condition was deteriorating rapidly or failing to improve despite adequate outpatient treatment.
- Physical or neurological conditions or a psychotic, disorganized state requires hospitalization to initiate treatment or to establish a diagnosis.
- A pathological or noxious situation exists among the patient’s family or associates that makes treatment without hospitalization impossible, or the patient’s disordered state creates such difficulties for the family that the patient has to be hospitalized.
- Evaluation of the patient’s condition requires 24-hour observation and evaluation that only a hospital can provide, including stabilization or reevaluation of medication or treatment of drug or alcohol dependence.
Who Need In Patient Care
The following resources can be used to help you find Inpatient treatment services should there be a need for this type of treatment. Hospitalization may be needed to allow for a period during which the individual can be closely monitored to provide the accurate diagnosis, to help adjust or stabilize medications, or during an acute episode where a person’s mental illness temporarily worsens.
Alcohol / Drugs / poly substances abuse:
- Abusing Alcohol / Drugs and related behavioral (Violence, Aggression) problem
- Alcohol and Drug associated Psychical and Psychological withdrawal symptoms
- Alcohol and Drug induced Psychiatric problems
Mental Illness / Psychiatric Disorder:
- Person who are not cooperative or violent and unmanageable
- Person who’s behavior is harmful to self and others or Suicidal behavior / attempts
- Person who are having behavior problem due to head injuries
- Person who has poor Drug compliance or refuse Psychiatric Medications
- Person who has Serious depressive episode with Psychotic Symptoms
- Person who has excessive Suspiciousness, Confused thoughts / Fear / Sad and Anger
- Person who has difficulty in controlling Gambling, Online Gaming, Drug seeking behavior
- Person who has difficulty in controlling Internet Addiction, Social Network Addiction
- Person who indulges in Risk taking behaviors and refuse to attend Schools, Colleges & Refusing job
Person who exhibit unreasonable Anger / Aggressive, Antisocial Behavior, Also Needs Hospitalization
There are times when a person or a close one becomes so ill that they are at risk of hurting themselves or others and hospitalization becomes necessary even though the individual does not wish to enter a hospital. Admission at Deva Institute is easy method overseen by the Psychiatric Care Professionals.
- You can Quickly contact Help Desk number to collect the information
- You can visit Deva Institute on all working days (Monday to Saturday) between 09.00 A.M to 6.00 P.M to talk about Treatment by person and see the hospital infrastructure, On Sundays also with prior Appointment you can see the hospital
- Following advice from the Consultant, if the patient requires admission, you are required to complete formalities at the Admission Counter in the OPD waiting Hall. The approximate duration of stay will be specified by the treating consultant.
- An advance payment has to be made at the time of admission. Hospital staff on the billing counter will help you in filling up the form and other admission related procedures. You may requested for a periodic billing from the billing department.
- You are advised that all payments are only accepted at the cash counter. No other person at Deva Institute is authorized to collect any payment from you.
- Please ensure the safety of your money & payment receipt while you are admitted in the hospital.
- Person who needs psychiatric Support due to uncontrollable behavior and thought disturbance
- When the person has difficulty in Stopping or Increased quantity of Alcohol or Drugs consumption.
Guardians or Family members use helpdesk number of Serene Life Hospital for Psychiatric emergency Crisis like uncontrollable unusual behavior, Suicidal attempts, Behavior is harmful to self and others or Violent and erratic behavior due to Alcohol / Substance abuse or Withdrawal symptoms can take admission.
Deva Institute is a most preferable Psychiatric Hospital and many family Physicians, Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologist utilize our services for their clients. In cases when the patient is referred by Medical & Psychological professionals, Our team will keep updated about the progress. On Admission
- Please bring Patient and family or guardians identity and address proof during the admission
- Please bring patients old reports or related documents
- We constantly strive to provide separate beds, we cannot promise a change in bed location as this depends strictly on clinical condition of the patient.
- Financial expenses involved in Addiction, Mental illness & Behavioral treatment and nurture dependents on various factors like patient’s physical complications, other health issues and duration of the treatment, and severity of the problems. And also the medications prescribed.
- Payment mode: Net Transfers / Cash Transactions
- Pre Intervention
- Plan of Action
- Admission Formalities
- Nursing Intake (Medical History Collection) and acute treatment will be started under the supervision of Psychiatrist.
- Investigation ( Pathological/Psychological/Radiological)
- Consultation with Medical Professional
- Family visit will be allotted by the management on working days only between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- In case of any emergency, Patient will be referred to the specific higher medical centre as directed in advance by the Guardian
- The patient / Guardian must attend all schedules and counseling sessions as advised by the management